Friday, December 5, 2008

Changing Table Baskets




Created By: Shantelle Ericson

I couldn't find baskets that were affordable, so I decided to make my own. I found these baskets in the laundry aisle at Walmart for $2-$4 depending on the size. The Michaels Arts and Crafts stores all have bins of ribbon up front for $1.00. I found plenty of pink and brown ribbon - each spool had 5 yards for $1.00!!! I used a 50% of coupon and bought a 10yard spool of the pink with brown polka dots for only $3! After deciding which colors I wanted where, I measured the ribbon by wrapping it around the basket, then added about 12-18 inches just to be safe. I attached a safety pin to the end of the ribbon and started weaving. It took longer than anticipated, but it was a fun project. There was some trial and error to get it to turn out right. I tied the polka dotted ribbon on the outside to form a bow, and the others were tied inside the basket. On the medium baskets the holes had the perfect amount, but on the larger basket I had to improvise, as shown in the picture.

No comments: