Thursday, October 2, 2008

Halloween Mummy



Created By: Rachelle Carroll

For this craft I did not go out and buy anything. I used stuff found around the house.

To start this project I started with a piece of wood randomly found in the garage. Nothing special. I took a drill and drilled to small holes where the sticks would go. I used chopsticks for the sturdiness. Ok. So after the holes were drilled I painted it orange and then black on the borders with some black on the top.



Next I inserted the chopsticks. I took batting that I had laying around (also can use cotton balls) and used tape to make a rough body head and feet. Next I took some white material I had and cut it into long strips.



The material to give it an old look, I took black paint and smudged the paint on my fingers and than on the material. Next I started wrapping one of the feet and then up the first leg. I cut the material at the base of the body and repeated on the second foot and up the second leg. You can cut the material off if you like but I just started wrapping. I made sure to wrap tight enough to created the body shape I wanted.



I wrapped all the way to the neck and then the head.


Next, for the arms I took craft wire (floral wire) and doubled wrapped it for sturdiness. To make the arms alittle bulkier I wrapped tape lightly down the arms so when I wrapped the material it would bulk up. I finished wrapping the arms and let the extra hang.

Lastly I took the back of a paint brush dipped in black paint and painted on the eyes.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You have developed some amazing creativity! Keep it up! This mummy is so simple and so cute! Love it!

Mom